Cut Fresh Daily, Freezes During Transit with Dry Ice.
Whether you live inland or you have very few reliable options for fresh seafood, you have come to the right place. Robert Wholey Market is the one-stop shop for food lovers who appreciate quality and flavor. We are committed to providing only the finest fresh fish available, and we make it easy to turn your backyard barbecue or party into a big hit. Our halibut steaks are no exception. Known for its dense and firm texture as well as its slightly sweet taste, halibut are a popular delicacy throughout the United States and the rest of the world. These large flatfish can grow to weigh more than 500 pounds! Each order of our wild-caught halibut fillets averages about two pounds. Stock up for a rainy day or indulge your taste buds any night of the week.
Most people are aware of the great nutritional benefits fish has to offer, but our halibut steaks feature low sodium levels and even lower fat content than salmon. Aside from the seal of approval from doctors, our halibut steaks are delicious when prepared in a multitude of ways. Popular styles of preparation include boiling, deep frying, and grilling. Because the flesh is naturally flavorful, seasoning your halibut is entirely up to you. We offer bold recipes to give you some inspiration, or you can simply swap out any of your traditional red meats for a delicious seafood steak instead.
Grilled Lemon Garlic Halibut Steaks
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 of our halibut steaks
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Brush your grill rack with vegetable oil.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Mix lemon juice, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a shallow dish or resealable food-storage bag.
- Add halibut and turn several times to coat with marinade.
- Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Cover and grill halibut 4 to 6 inches from medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once and brushing with marinade until the steaks flake easily with a fork.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle fish with chopped parsley and lemon peel.