6 Whole Rainbow Trout
Cut Fresh Daily, Freezes During Transit with Dry Ice.
Native to the rivers and lakes of North America, rainbow trout are some of the most colorful fish in our seafood selection. Available all year long, these hard-fighting fish are members of the salmon family and can grow quite large. Robert Wholey Company proudly offers this tasty fish in bundles of six, making it easier than ever before to stock up for dinner parties, special occasions, or midweek meals. We remove the backbones so it’s easier than ever to prepare. Some of the most popular methods of preparation include baking, broiling, grilling, poaching, sautéing, and smoking. Whichever way you decide, the possibilities are endless with six whole rainbow trout.
Rainbow trout may have a Best Choice ranking for sustainability, but these scrumptious steelheads also serve as a reliable source of protein, selenium, potassium, and essential fatty acids. Best of all, this river delicacy contains less sodium than other fish species that are found off the coast. Their flesh is usually white, pink or orange with a delicate texture and a mild, nutty flavor that complements salads, pasta, rice, vegetables, and so much more. With the right fish, the possibilities are endless.
Our six whole rainbow trout special allows you to stock up for later use or prepare right away. No more trips to the fish market or bustling grocery store. We ship our rainbow trout straight to your door on dry ice, to guarantee that they are frozen upon arrival. We offer free, premium shipping on all orders over $200.
Country of Origin: USA
Maple Balsamic Rainbow Trout
Yields: 3 – 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds rainbow trout fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Maple Balsamic Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare marinade: Combine balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice, and sriracha in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
- Prepare trout: Line a pan with tin foil and spray with cooking oil. Sprinkle trout with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with chopped green onions. Drizzle half of the marinade, reserve the rest.
- Roast trout for approximately 8 – 11 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- Drizzle reserved marinade and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Pair our rainbow trout with sweet potato hash or roasted veggies for a healthy yet delicious meal.