Whether you live inland and are missing certain coastal comforts or you’re looking for healthy ways to round off a well-balanced diet, Robert Wholey Company offers a wide range of fresh seafood to satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Our Atlantic cod fillets can help you create healthier meals for the whole family to enjoy. Atlantic cod is traditionally caught off the coast of Iceland, where waters are pure and the fish are delicious. These fillets feature a lean and flaky texture with a mild flavor that can complement any of your favorite side dishes.
Aside from its delicate taste, Atlantic cod has won the hearts of Americans as being a healthier alternative to red meats or other species of fish. Cod supplies healthy doses of vitamins and minerals as well as essential sugars, fats, amino acids, and proteins to help nourish your body. Best of all, it’s easy to cook! Each order comes complete with approximately two pounds of premium cod, which is an ideal amount for families or couples who want deliciously tender fish on hand at home for whenever the opportunity to indulge arises.
We ship our Atlantic cod fillets at optimum temperatures to keep the natural freshness locked in and ready to go. Stock up on Atlantic cod and your other seafood favorites today, because we offer free shipping to select states on orders over $200.
Lemon Parmesan Cod with Garlic Butter
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 35 minutes
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon (zest, plus juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ pounds Wholey’s Market fresh Atlantic cod
- 1.) Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the grated parmesan, garlic powder, and paprika on a dinner plate.
- 2.) Wash the lemon and pat it dry. Cut it in half and make zest by using a grater to shave off part of the skin. Add it to the cheese and seasonings mixture.
- 3.) Rinse the fresh parsley and pat it dry. Using a fork, blend chopped parsley into cheese mixture.
- 4.) Rinse the Atlantic cod in cold water and rub your thumbs along the surface to see if there are any bones to remove. Pat dry with paper towel.
- 5.) Melt the butter in a small pan on the stove or in the microwave.
- 6.) Use a fork to dip each fish fillet in the butter on both sides, then the cheese mixture, coating both sides and patting the topping onto the cod with the fork. Place the coated fish onto the sheet pan.
- 7.) Bake for 15 minutes or until cod flakes easily with a fork.
- 8.) Squeeze lemon juice over fillets and serve with bread for dipping in the garlic butter.
Pro Tip: Set up an assembly line from left to right to make your fish preparation easier.