Spanish Mackerel 6 Lb. Avg (2-6 Fish)
Cut Fresh Daily, Freezes During Transit with Dry Ice.
Coming up with new and exciting dinner ideas can be challenging. Luckily, you have come to the right place. At Wholey’s Market, we offer the finest seafood and meats available on the market. Our delectable Spanish mackerel are found in the clear coastal waters of the Atlantic near Florida and in the Gulf of Mexico. Mackerel feature flesh ranging in color from light pink to white. They are also typically milder in taste than salmon, which is essential for food lovers who don’t typically like very fishy flavors. Each order we provide includes two to six whole fish, totaling to six pounds on average, allowing you to turn any weeknight meal into a special occasion for two or the whole family.
Whether fried, baked, poached, grilled, smoked, or barbecued, we guarantee that you will enjoy uncompromising flavor. Their medium to firm texture makes Spanish mackerel a very versatile fish option for main dishes or incorporated recipes. Various cultures throughout the world enjoy preparing mackerel for sushi, but scrumptious fillets taste just as delicious when paired with roasted vegetables, rice, or a buttery sauce amplified with toasted almonds or a hint of lemon. Looking for a healthy alternative to red meats and other traditional meals high in calories or fat content? Spanish mackerel is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids for a healthy metabolism as well as the prevention of heart disease, depression, arthritis, and other common conditions.
Our commitment is your satisfaction, and we are dedicated to serving only the finest fish available. Explore our diverse seafood selection to serve something exciting and unusual for supper this week or an upcoming dinner party. If you need any help or inspiration to get started, we offer a mouthwatering recipe that’s fun and simple to make. Have questions? A member of our team is here to help. Contact us today, and take advantage of our free premium shipping offer on orders over $200.
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
• 2 – 3 whole Spanish mackerel (1 ½ – 2 pounds each)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 3 – 4 fresh lemons
• 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
• 1 – 1 ½ tablespoons ginger, minced
• 1 – 2 teaspoons basil, minced
• 2 teaspoons of chicken bouillon powder (optional)
1. Make three or four diagonal cuts in each side of Wholey’s Market Spanish mackerel, through to the bone.
2. Season fish with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix all spices thoroughly. Add vegetable oil or water to mixture for consistency (optional).
4. Gently marinade fish with garlic mixture by flipping whole fish back and forth until coated.
5. Refrigerate whole Spanish mackerel in marinade for up to 24 hours (optional).
6. Grill with charcoal or gas for about seven minutes per side depending on thickness, flipping as needed.
7. Remove from grill and serve on a platter with hot sauce and your favorite side dish.