When you shop at Wholey’s Market, you gain direct access to the finest seafood selection and the most personable shopping experience available. Our fresh Atlantic blue fish is as full-flavored as they come and will make a welcome addition to any main course or special occasion. We sell whole Jersey blue fish in average orders of six pounds. With three to six whole fish, you can easily find a creative or complex way to prepare a seafood affair for the whole family to enjoy. Stock up on your favorite fish from Jersey and explore our inventory to find other coastal delights. Spend $200 or more and you can even qualify for free shipping to select states.
Yellow-eyed and somewhat oily, most culinary critics refuse to believe that whole Jersey blue fish is fit for fine dining. Well, we aim to prove them wrong! Our blue fish are available with the head on or head off and split for your convenience. Unlike white fish, blue fish may require a little extra seasoning or marinating to truly highlight that full flavor, firm flesh, and colorful presentation. Some of our recommended spices include coarse sea salt, black pepper, tarragon, thyme, oregano, or parsley.
Whether fried, baked, smoked, or grilled, we guarantee our fresh Atlantic blue fish will be the highlight of your culinary week. If you have any questions about placing your order or our product selection, please contact a member of the team today for further assistance or additional information. We ship straight to your door so you can enjoy all the comforts of the coast without ever leaving home.
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Fried Jersey Blue Fish in Bacon with Grits
Yields: 2 servings
- 4 ounces sliced bacon (about 2 to 3 slices)
- 2 (½ pound) fillets whole Jersey blue fish
- Coarse sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Fry the bacon in a heavy-bottomed skillet over moderate heat. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the fish to the still-hot bacon fat in the skillet. Cook until skin is browned, then flip and cook on the other side. If you need more fat, use a bit of olive oil.
- While the fish is cooking, chop the bacon coarsely and set aside.
- Place blue fish in bowls or plates. Top with salt, pepper, and chopped bacon.
Serve our fresh Atlantic blue fish over grits for a truly spectacular flavor profile.