Sometimes you just hit a rut. You’ve served plenty of burgers, and you even branched out to try different seafood options, but you’re still running out of ideas. Here at Wholey, we not only provide fresh seafood and cuts of meat, but we also have some specialty items. One of our favorites is Smerdel’s Slovenian Klobase, which is a specialty sausage. Klobase is a delicious blend with spices like paprika, marjoram, and garlic, giving it a one of a kind flavor that the whole family is sure to love. Perfect for days spent outside in the backyard, just toss them on the grill, and you’ll have a delicious cookout in a few minutes, or cook them up for dinner on those days when everything is happening at once.
Our Smerdel’s Slovenian Klobase is a great option to spice things up, and is a delicious tradition that we invite your family to take part in. Serve with a variety of different sides, from grilled zucchini to pasta salad, this is a great option for a variety of meals. As always, we offer fresh options, as well as free shipping on orders over $200. For even more savings, sign up for our weekly specials!
Slovenian Klobase Recipe
- Wholey’s Slovenian Klobase
- 1. Cover the sausage with water in a pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil on the stove.
- 3. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Best served with a side of fresh vegetables and a Dijon mustard sauce on the side.
Dijon Mustard Sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1. Mix mustard seeds, vinegar, and wine in a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and let sit for two days.
- 2. Transfer contents to a blender, add salt and blend until desired consistency.
- 3. Put into a glass jar with tight-fitting lid, and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.