For the most romantic day of the year, you may be wondering which restaurant to make your reservation at. While you could do that, there’s something better that you could do as well. Everyone loves a good home-cooked meal, and there’s something especially romantic about preparing a candlelit meal for two where you two can relax and enjoy each other’s company without any interruptions or others around you. However, you also want to be unique and make something new, which is why we have unusual Valentine’s dinner ideas to help you to start planning early.
What to Prepare
When preparing a meal for Valentine’s Day, you want to choose something a bit more difficult to cook, while also not completely overwhelming yourself or going past your culinary limits to where pizza delivery will be your plan B. Luckily, there are lots of dinner ideas that fit the bill, without requiring too much culinary skill.
One of the most common dinners for Valentine’s Day is something Italian, steak, and lobster or any combination of those. These ideas are a bit different, making sure that your romantic dinner will stand out.
- Honey glazed chicken breasts. This is a great option for the couple who is still sticking to their New Years' resolutions to eat healthier. This is a tasty, lean white meat and not a typical Valentine’s dinner.
- Shrimp and gnocchi with garlic cream sauce. This is a tasty dish that is surprisingly easy to make. The seafood gives it a nice taste without being the typical lobster that may be expected on such a night.
- French onion pot roast. When you’re still in the chill of winter, nothing warms you up quite like a delicious pot roast. With a nice French onion twist, you’ll be enjoying a healthy meal not traditionally served.
- Mojo marinated pork. You can easily whip together this delicious and flavorful dish that is sure to impress your date.
- Slow cooker cassoulet. Don’t let the name of the dish fool you, while this seems intimidating when you use a slow cooker, it’s easier than ever to prepare this tasty dish.
- Scallops with corn succotash. The scallops can be pan-seared in no time with minimal effort. Win-win!
- Whole roasted chicken. These are impossibly easy to make and the presentation looks marvelous.
- Sheet pan chicken with vegetables. Talk about easy and delicious. Sheet pan meals are super easy, as all you have to do is add some spices, put everything in a pan together, and then bake it in the oven. You can spend time together while it’s cooking then enjoy a delicious meal.
- Beef stroganoff. This can be a delicious meal that’ll help to keep you warm during the cold night, while also not being a typical meal.
These are just a few of the many unique Valentine’s dinner ideas that are out there. All it requires is a little thinking outside of the box to ensure that you create a Valentine dinner date sure to be remembered.