1-2 Golden Carp (8-12 Lb. Avg)
Carp is a familiar freshwater fish that is native to Europe and Asia. Although it may be rare to find this international fish on the menu in many American restaurants, carp has been a cultivated food source in other countries for thousands of years. Our selection of golden carp is the perfect solution for any exotic food enthusiast in a little bit of a lull with meal inspiration. We offer premium selections so you can shop with confidence that you are serving your family or guests nothing but the best.
Golden carp is an excellent choice for any family wanting to eat healthier and incorporate a wide range of fish into their routine. With every order, we supply 1 – 2 golden carp fillets with the heads on, heads off and split, or steaked for your convenience. Wholey’s Market offers pre-delivery cleaning services because we know how busy you are. After a long day at the office, the last thing you want to do is descale and prepare a fish for dinner. Very little work and no hassle allows you to enjoy crafting delicious carp recipes, such as chowder or nuggets, any night of the week.
Longevity often leads to a generous size, and the golden carp is no exception. Each 1 – 2 golden carp order includes approximately eight to 12 pounds of fish on average. Whether stuffed and baked or fried in buttermilk, carp tastes even more delicious with a little bit of seasoning and a lot of experimentation. Try something completely new for dinner tonight. Need help? Contact a member of our team today for assistance.
Buttermilk Fried Golden Carp Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound of our golden carp fillets, scored or cut into nuggets
- Buttermilk mixture
- 8 ounces of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle pepper
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Soak the golden carp fillets or nuggets in the mixture for about five to 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle pepper, and bread crumbs.
- Coat the golden carp with the flour mixture.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry carp until golden brown.
- Season with salt to taste and serve with roasted potatoes, spinach, wilted chard, or your favorite side dish.